The Chellgren Endowed Professorship supports the work of faculty interested in making a sustainable contribution to undergraduate excellence at the University of Kentucky. Each endowed professor serves a three-year appointment.
Candidates submit competitive applications to outline a specific three-year project designed to enhance undergraduate excellence. Projects vary considering the full range of activities that encompass undergraduate excellence including improvement in teaching, creative changes to the curriculum, and co-curricular practices that represent cutting-edge approaches to higher education. Each project must outline a compelling objective, a timeline for implementation, and an explicit outcomes assessment plan. Successful applications are selected by a committee of faculty and endorsed by the Chellgren Chair and the Provost before being submitted to the UK Board of Trustees for appointment.
Each Professorship provides a $10,000 award that can be used as a faculty overload stipend or in support various project costs. During their appointment period, each Professor also participates in various activities associated with the Chellgren Center, including mentoring of Chellgren Student Fellows.
Upon completion of the appointment period, each Professor submits a final report and agrees to present a description of their project to the campus community. Professors can also attain status as an Emeritus Chellgren Faculty Fellow and in that role can choose to remain engaged in the work of the Chellgren Center.
- Dr. Francisco Andrade, College of Medicine
- Dr. Joanna Badagliacca, College of Arts and Sciences, Emeritus
- Dr. Gail Brion, College of Engineering
- Dr. Anna Brzyski, College of Fine Arts
- Dr. Janet Eldred, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Herman Farrell, College of Fine Arts
- Dr. Jonathan Golding, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Jane Jensen, College of Education
- Dr. Kathi Kern, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Michael Kovash, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Carl Lee, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. William Rayens, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Ernie Yanarella, College of Arts and Sciences, Emeritus